A vegan interpretation of a classic ceviche that is simple, easy, and vibrant, especially during summer months.
- 2 cans (14oz.) Hearts of palm, drained
- 3 Plum tomatoes, pulp removed, diced
- ½ Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Habanero pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp. Aroma olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Chopped cilantro to taste
- Chips (plantain or tortilla) or tostada shells
- 10 – 15 mins
- 45 mins (including 30 mins to let food chill)
- Cut the hearts of palm in slices of halfmoon pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the hearts of palm, tomato, onion, and habanero pepper
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Mix well (Hold off on seasoning it).
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Season with salt and mix to combine
- Serve with chips or tostadas.